Founding Office Support Coordinator
About Becoming Collegiate Academy:
Becoming Collegiate Academy is a recently authorized public charter school that will serve grades kindergarten through fifth grade in North Jacksonville Florida. Becoming will open its doors to over 100 kindergartners in its first year of operation and will follow a slow-growth model of adding one grade level each subsequent year. Inspired by the transformative work of Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), Becoming Collegiate Academy seeks to replicate the safe and empowering environment that provides a space for all students to express their identities in pursuit of academic excellence. We immerse students in a nurturing and intellectually stimulating environment that connects to the history of their community and inspires them to carry that relentless spirit forward.
Who we seek:
Our team believes that when you love someone, you hold them to high expectations - and we apply this to our own work, the work of our colleagues, and the work of our students. We take our work seriously, but ourselves less so - we laugh and joke and bring joy to work every day. And finally, we value a diversity of perspectives and experiences, recognize the humanity of those around us, and seek to build an inclusive environment that models what we wish to see in the world.
Overall, we are good people with big hearts, who care a whole lot about our people - both big and small - and are constantly improving our practice to be the staff our students truly deserve.
In this role you can expect to:
General Office Duties
- Maintain a neat, organized, clean, professional, and welcoming environment for visitors
- Carry out general administrative duties; answer phones, update transportation changes, check in tardy students, assist parents with early check-outs, and greet and sign in all visitors
- Make photocopies, assist with faxes, and assist parents/guardians when they visit the school
- Accurately manage daily attendance; updating systems with tardy and early check-out information and excuse notes
- Make personalized calls to families when students are absent and updating student systems with information
- Collaborate with Dean of Operations on excessive absence interventions
- Cumulative student records—update and maintain records for students; store records and ensure confidentiality. Check and respond to any records requests for transfer students.
- All paperwork (i.e. excuse notes, report cards) filed in student folders
- Assist Dean of Operations with new student enrollment and registration, both in person and by phone and e-mail
- Update all systems for new student enrollment
- Ensure that systems are in place to provide staff with necessary supplies- both individual orders for teachers and common supplies like paper for printers and coffee in workrooms
- Create system of inventorying supplies available and placing school-based supplies orders, as needed
- Ensure that printers are working and stocked throughout the school
- Create system for delivering packages and/or notifying staff when packages have arrived
- Create system for school based lost and found
Health and Safety
- Attend first aid and CPR training and respond as needed
- Maintains security by following procedures; monitors visitor management system
- Provide students with daily medication as needed
- Improve and implement systems that contribute and drive school operations toward operational excellence. Maintain continuous communication with internal and external stakeholders, keeping Dean of Operations informed and updated on all aspects of school operations; lead, plan, and execute short-term school-based projects.
- Other additional tasks assigned by the school leader and/or Dean of Operations to ensure operations efficiency.
To work at Becoming, You Must:
- Possess an unwavering belief that all students can and want to learn
- Professional, friendly, and adaptable personality; team player who is open to feedback
- High level of comfort with Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- High level of comfort with sitting at the front desk using office equipment, computers, entering data, answering phone calls, and greeting visitors for an extended period of time. Comfortable with walking up and down stairs and through school hallways
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial environment; flexible, willing to learn and take on new responsibilities
- Strong commitment to and alignment with the Mission, vision, and core values of Becoming Collegiate Academy
- Be able to accept and implement feedback, quickly
- Ability to work within a fast-paced and dynamic team environment where responsibility for student success is shared and owned by everyone
- Passing a background check, as required by law
All applicants are asked to upload a current resume and cover letter, here. Please refer to the following prompt in your cover letter [ please limit your response to no more than one page]:
- Why do you seek to join the team of a founding school? What will it mean for you to be a member of a founding team?
- How does your past experiences prepare you to be a member of a founding team?
Becoming Collegiate Academy is committed to a policy of equal treatment for all individuals applying for employment at our schools. Becoming Collegiate Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation or national or ethnic origin.
Submit questions to: email@example.com.