Founding Office Coordinator
Job Description: Founding Office Coordinator
About: Becoming Collegiate Academy “Becoming” prepares all students in grades K-5 to be successful in college and life. Our vision is achieved through mirroring the Historically Black College and University (HBCU) experience with a keen focus on: (1) fostering positive relationships, (2) leveraging culture and identity, and (3) upholding high expectations. Like HBCUs, we immerse students in a nurturing and intellectually stimulating environment that connects to the history of their community and inspires them to carry that relentless spirit forward. BCA’s charter was authorized by Duval County Public Schools on October 6, 2020. Becoming will open its doors to its inaugural class of over 200 kindergarten and first grade students in the Fall of 2022.
Position Summary: As the Office Support Coordinator (OSC) at Becoming, you will ensure a smooth and efficient operation of the school administrative office. The OSC will report directly to the Dean of Operations, or designee, receiving professional development and coaching around his or her capacity.
BCA is a great fit for the person who:
- is excited to create a school that is inspired by the greatness of the HBCU model
- believes that all kids can and want to learn
- can take a vision and make it a reality when few see it
- has a sense of humor and brings joy to teaching
- has humility, urgency, and a growth mindset
- believes in doing whatever it takes to meet the goal
- can take, implement, and give constructive feedback
- can remain calm in the midst of pressure, especially in difficult conversations with stakeholders
- has strong project and time management skills; ability to effectively backward plan, juggle multiple priorities with great attention to detail and deliver consistent and timely results.
- has an unwavering commitment to BCA’s mission and willingness to go above and beyond
- Education: Associate’s Degree
- Exceptional organization skills with a knack for details
- Professional, friendly, and adaptable personality; team player who is open to feedback
- High level of comfort with Microsoft Office and Google Docs
General Office Duties
- Maintain a neat, organized, clean, professional, and welcoming environment for visitors
- Carry out general administrative duties: answer phones, update transportation changes, check in tardy students, assist parents with early check-outs, and greet and sign in all visitors
- Accurately manage daily attendance; updating systems with tardy and early check-out information and excuse notes
- Make personalized calls to families when students are absent and updating student systems with information
- Cumulative student records—update and maintain records for students; store records and ensure confidentiality. Check and respond to any records requests for transfer students.
- All paperwork (i.e. excuse notes, report cards) filed in student folders
- Assist Dean of Operations with new student enrollment and registration, both in person and by phone and email
- Ensure that systems are in place to provide staff with necessary supplies- both individual orders for teachers and common supplies like paper for printers and coffee in workrooms
- Create system of inventorying supplies available and placing school-based supplies orders, as needed
Compensation and Benefits:
- Our current compensation structure is very competitive and is commensurate with experience.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, generous vacation time, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Becoming Collegiate Academy does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact BCA Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts school leadership’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Submit questions to: email@example.com