Founding Kindergarten Teacher
About Becoming Collegiate Academy:
Becoming Collegiate Academy is a recently authorized public charter school that will serve grades kindergarten through fifth grade in North Jacksonville Florida. Becoming will open its doors to over 100 kindergartners in its first year of operation and will follow a slow-growth model of adding one grade level each subsequent year. Inspired by the transformative work of Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), Becoming Collegiate Academy seeks to replicate the safe and empowering environment that provides a space for all students to express their identities in pursuit of academic excellence. We immerse students in a nurturing and intellectually stimulating environment that connects to the history of their community and inspires them to carry that relentless spirit forward.
Who we seek:
Our team believes that when you love someone, you hold them to high expectations - and we apply this to our own work, the work of our colleagues, and the work of our students. We take our work seriously, but ourselves less so - we laugh and joke and bring joy to work every day. And finally, we value a diversity of perspectives and experiences, recognize the humanity of those around us, and seek to build an inclusive environment that models what we wish to see in the world.
Overall, we are good people with big hearts, who care a whole lot about our people - both big and small - and are constantly improving our practice to be the staff our students truly deserve.
In this role you can expect to:
- Establish a culture of rigor and love with our co-workers and with our students
- Use our high-quality curriculum and data systems to drive outstanding student growth and proficiency
- Develop meaningful relationships with families and community members to build trust and partnership
- Demonstrate a "by any means necessary" work ethic to ensure our students receive the education and support they deserve
- Support the recruitment and enrollment of students, the recruitment and retention of staff, and family engagement activities, as needed
- Perform other duties, as required
To work at Becoming, You Must:
- Possess an unwavering belief that all students can and want to learn
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Florida teaching certification or eligibility for certification in one of the following areas: Primary PreK- 3rd or Elementary K-6
- At least one-year experience teaching experience with a proven track-record of high achievement in the classroom.
- Strong commitment to and alignment with the Mission, vision, and core values of Becoming Collegiate Academy
- Be able to accept and implement feedback, quickly
- Ability to deliver high-quality instruction in a rigorous, structured, and joyful classroom
- Ability to work within a fast-paced and dynamic team environment where responsibility for student success is shared and owned by everyone
- Expertise and love of instructional content
- Passing a background check, as required by law
All applicants are asked to upload a current resume and cover letter, here. Please refer to the following prompt in your cover letter [ please limit your response to no more than one page]:
- Why do you seek to join the team of a founding school? What will it mean for you to be a member of a founding team?
- How does your past experiences prepare you to be a member of a founding team?
Becoming Collegiate Academy is committed to a policy of equal treatment for all individuals applying for employment at our schools. Becoming Collegiate Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation or national or ethnic origin.
Submit questions to: email@example.com.