2023 -24 Elementary Lead Teacher (Kindergarten-2nd)
Location: Jacksonville, FL, USA
Department: Teacher (Full-time)
Grade Level: Elementary
Subject: General Elementary
Start Date: 23-24 academic school year
Becoming Collegiate Academy is an elementary school with a mission to prepare students for success in college and life. We don't just teach; we also inspire the next generation of leaders to use their unique talents and gifts to make the world a better place, through the exposure of HBCU culture.
BCA will add grades K-2 in the 2023-2024 school year and will keep expanding each year until it becomes a K-5 elementary school.
Our village is growing, and we are looking for passionate and dedicated individuals who will inspire and motivate the next generation of leaders.
- Mission-aligned: sharing a common vision and commitment to the goals and values of the organization or community.
- Growth mindset: being open to learning and willing to take on challenges.
- Continuous learner: being committed to learning and improving, even outside of traditional education.
- Teamwork and collaboration: working well with others and being able to contribute to a team.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving: being able to analyze situations, identify problems, and come up with solutions.
- We offer a family-like, positive, and fun work environment, along with coaching to support teachers' development and student progress.
- We provide a rigorous curriculum in ELA, Math, and Science, including prepared unit plans and assessments for all subjects.
- We offer frequent professional development opportunities and a prep period each day.
- You'll receive a recent laptop model and a starting salary of $50,000. Salaries increase incrementally based on experience.
- We also offer free medical insurance and competitive rates for dental, vision, short-term disability, and life insurance, as well as contributions to a 401k plan.
A BCA Elementary School Teacher lays the foundation for students' college and life success. They are considered lead teachers and content experts, responsible for teaching all subjects such as Math, ELA, Social Studies, and Science. BCA uses various instructional methods, such as small group work, co/parallel teaching, whole group teaching, and one-on-one student support. Classroom teachers receive support from paraprofessionals, a special education teacher, and administration as needed.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year educational institution
- Experience: Experience in a classroom setting is strongly preferred
- Licenses or Certifications: Relevant Florida Teaching Certification or Eligibility for Certification (for example: Elementary Education K-6, Middle Grades Math 5-9, Social Science 6-12, etc)
Expectations: We have high expectations for our teachers, which include the following:
- Teach engaging and culturally relevant lessons daily, meeting academic standards to ensure student success.
- Take personal responsibility for the progress of all students and have a growth mindset by seeking help, reflecting on one's own teaching, and helping others improve.
- Set ambitious growth targets for all students and use necessary resources to achieve them.
- Plan instruction weekly and daily, aligning it with unit objectives and student needs based on assessment data.
- Collaborate with grade level and content teams
- Communicate weekly progress with students and families.
- Implement a clear and consistent behavior management system while developing students' character and sense of community in the classroom.
- Help create a positive learning environment for each student and contribute to the school-wide culture.
- Build trust, understanding, and respect with students and families from diverse communities.
Statement of Non-Discrimination:
BCA is committed to a policy of equal treatment for all individuals applying for employment. BCA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.